BSoA EXHIBITION GUIDELINES
The Exhibitor is responsible for:
- Hanging/setting up their own exhibition. No nails, screws, staples, pins or double sided tape may be used for hanging/display purposes without the permission of the Gallery Director.
- Producing their own invitations, if required, which should be approved by BSoA before distribution
- Publicity over and above the usual BSoA advert; individuals should make contact with the press ahead of time to organize interviews and advertising
- Producing their own labels and catalogue. However, on request, BSoA will produce labels providing a list of the artwork to be exhibited is supplied no later than the day before the opening
- Providing hors d’oeuvres/snacks for the opening reception if required
- Insuring the work on display at BSoA Galleries
- Leaving the gallery in good/clean condition; he/she is responsible and liable for any damage to or loss of property as a result of their exhibition. Any associated costs will be billed to the Exhibitor or deducted from the proceeds of sale
- Alternative arrangements must be made for the take down/collection of unsold artwork if the Exhibitor is not available.
BSoA is responsible for:
- Providing display partitions and picture hanging devices for the duration of the show
- Ensuring that the BSoA Galleries are open to the public 10 am – 4 pm on weekdays and 10 am – 2 pm on Saturdays. Staff are also usually on hand between 9 am and 5 pm on weekdays. If access is required outside of these times it will be necessary to provide additional BSoA staff and City Hall custodian at a cost of $50 per hour.
- Providing BSoA staff to assist with hanging/set-up if required
- Adjusting lighting
- Emailing show invitations to the membership/mailing list
- Providing a bar serving wine, beer and sodas
- Processing all sales and will wrap sold artwork where necessary. A sales spreadsheet will be provided to the Exhibitor at the end of the show.
- Reserves the right to move artwork being exhibited
- Reserves the right to use the BSoA Galleries for functions at any time during exhibitions
PLEASE NOTE: City Hall and Arts Centre is a non smoking building.